Tuesday 8 April 2014

Film - Chelsea -

I received the below letter from a young filmaker -  if anyone would like to take part or is interested please let myself or any of the Committee know.



' I'm an independent artist filmmaker currently working on a film about Chelsea, and having met and interviewed quite a few people in the neighborhood already various people have suggested to me it would be good to approach residents of the Sutton estate about their experiences of living in Chelsea . 

My film is a contemporary portrait of Chelsea today. It will be an alternative perspective to the one that appears in the hugely popular TV show 'Made in Chelsea', instead interested in the various people who really live in the area and their experiences of the neighbourhood, past and present. The film will be an imaginative journey meeting, for example, old Chelsea characters, people who live on houseboats, and Chelsea pensioners, but will also touch on certain social realities .

I'm not sure if you yourself are a resident of the estate, but I would love to come and meet you for an hour if you were willing to talk over what is going on at the estate at the moment. I am not looking to film people on camera, but rather to record conversations that will then be threaded over visuals of the area. It would be great also a some point beyond that to meet some of the other residents and I'd be happy to come to a committee meeting if you think that is the best way to introduce my project and intentions, '

No comments:

Post a Comment